Nonsense diary

Going back to the introspective, diary-based branch of my stuff, I made this book of photos with handwritten commentary, only the commentary is mad, floaty, and made-up. I suppose I wanted to make stories or something for entertainment value (I definitely wanted to be funny here). I suppose it's interesting to compare this to people's genuine presentations of themselves online or in personal things that they know are going to be made private - made to represent them and usually containing some level of genuine self, but inevitably a somewhat warped representation of that person. This is obviously different in that it takes my personal photos and adds text to place them in a nonsensical, make believe context, precisely for the purposes of public display and entertainment. But the pictures still retain a level of real-life representation.







No comments:

Post a Comment