Little faces

As part of my clubhouse plan, I said I wanted to make some sculptural objects, to bring the clubhouse out from flat paintings and into the space. To make it more of a world for people to visit, rather than just a gallery with paintings and pictures on the walls. I want people to feel like they're really entering some fantasy world.

Drawing on this idea, I made some little round faces out of clay. Little friends hanging out in the clubhouse. I think there's something nice about trinkets. I'm definitely very interested in collected objects which have sentimental value and objects which are portable, and handmade objects/gifts. I see these little faces as something like talismans. Tiny personalities, friends you can carry around in your pocket. I want the clubhouse to have a trinket-y feel to it. I want it to be welcoming and sentimental.




No comments:

Post a Comment